The Regional State Administrative Agencies aim to regionally promote the population's athletic lifestyle, well-being, health as well as ability to work and function at the different stages of life.
The role of physical exercise as a basic municipal service is strengthened and the conditions for everyday exercise are improved in cooperation with the different administrative sectors of municipalities.
The key tasks of the Regional State Administrative Agency's regional sports services are:
- guidance and support for the construction of sports facilities;
- support for regional development projects for an athletic lifestyle;
- regional implementation of national programmes;
- promotion of health exercise and sports for special groups;
- support for regional civic activities and cooperation;
- neighbourhood cooperation and international activities;
- training and information-based guidance; and
- promotion of multicultural exercise.